Victims of Crime


If you or a family member has been the victim of a crime in the U.S. such as: domestic violence, assault, sexual assault, have suffered mental or physical abuse, and helped the police during the investigation process then, you may qualify for U-Visa status. Once you are granted U-Visa status you are able to get a work permit and social security card. After (3) years you may also be eligible to apply for a green card.

There are rules as to what type of crimes are protected under U-Visa, therefore it is important to meet with an attorney that can verify eligibility.


This program was implemented to assist those who have been victims of domestic violence or assault by U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. If approved, you may also be eligible to obtain a green card.

However, being the victim of domestic violence or assault does not automatically make someone eligible for VAWA, it is important to meet with an experienced immigration attorney to ensure that you do not have any other of inadmissibility.

Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ)

This program was designed to assist children who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected by one or both parents. Below are the requirements for children applying for this qualification. Child must be:
• under the age of 21;
• unmarried & living in the U.S.; and
• have a family court grant that the child is in the custody of the state or that the child cannot be reunified with one or both parents due to: neglect, abuse, or abandonment before the child's 18th birthday.

It is crucial to have an immigration attorney review the potential case because there are strict requirements by not only USCIS but also by family court.

Website Created & Hosted by Website Builder