Deferred Action 

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) 

The DACA Program grants individuals who came into the U.S. at an early age protection from deportation and the ability to work legally in the U.S. Below is a list of the current requirements for DACA applicants:
• are under 31 years of age as of June 15, 2012;
• came to the U.S. while under the age of 16;
• have continuously resided in the U.S. from June 15, 2007 to the present;
• entered the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012, or individuals whose lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
• were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making the request for consideration of Deferred Action with USCIS;
• are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or U.S. Armed Forces; and
• have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors and do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
The government is currently not accepting initial DACA applications and is only renewing existing applications. There is pending Supreme Court decision on the legality of DACA so please contact our office for more information


Temporary Protected Status (TPS) 

A temporary status given to eligible nationals of designated countries who are present in the United States. The status, afforded to nationals from some countries affected by armed conflict or natural disaster, allows persons to live and work in the United States for limited times.

TPS status is currently under review by the court so please contact our attorney if you need more information about your TPS status and whether you may be eligible for other immigration reliefs.

Parole in Place (PIP)

If you have a family member such as a spouse, child, or parent who served or is currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces you might be eligible for Parole in Place also known as PIP. The benefits of PIP include, being able to obtain a work permit, and possibly being eligible to become a Legal Permanent Resident. To qualify for PIP:
• you need a spouse, child, or parent that served or is currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and was not dishonorably discharged;
• your family member needs to depend on you in some way; and
• you must have good moral character.
If you have been charged or convicted of any criminal matter you might still qualify for PIP, our office will assess your case and inform you if you are eligible for PIP or of any other avenues that you might qualify for.

Website Created & Hosted by Website Builder